Strategies for ...
How do I know when to deal with/ignore behaviour?:
- When it gets in the way of learning.
- If they are harming themselves or others – deal with it.
- Swearing – consider what the home background is, and the impact on the other children.
- Ignore deliberate low level misbehaviour and attention seeking.
- Check that the task is ability appropriate.
- Deal with it if it is affecting the other children’s ability to learn or concentrate.
- Throwing stuff – this is dangerous – deal with it.
- Know the child! With some children ignoring makes it better, with others the opposite.